Sign Up For Notifications
Back at it.
Nothing major to report at this time, but we are back working on this. I had some things come up with work that really took my time away but things are getting back on track.
Will post again when we have more to report 🙂
We are in the holiday seasons, so my personal time is limited. I look to pick this back up after the first of the year. Will post something when progress is started up again.
Appreciate everyone’s interest, at we know it feels like one reaaaaalllly long April fools joke (lol diablo immortal), but a lot of time and energy has gone into this project, I am definitely not abandoning it.
Hey all, sorry for the lack of communication.
I have been solo IT at my current job after losing some of my staff. I have a new person starting this monday and it should give me some relief soon. I have not had much if any free time lately and have not had time to work on lineage stuff. Will let you all know when progress continues.
I’m still workin!
I got pulled off from lineage work for about a week a half to work on a kitchen remodel. But I will be back on it very soon. I have made some really good progress and I foresee things rolling through a lot faster now that I am over this hurdle!
Just wanted to give you guys some news.
I know you all haven’t heard from me in a bit. Wanted to give a quick update on where I am and what I am working on.
BUGS! Squash the bug. So we have been trouble shooting an issue with high XP values flipping to negatives. We have isolated the cause and are trying to find a solution. Lots of debugging being added. Hopefully figure it out this evening.
We have found the bug! Bosses and mobs can now have extremely high HP and XP values. No more negative xp. This bug has thwarted us for months. I wrote an entirely new custom Debugger just to track the damn thing down. All credit goes to Mythic though, he was able to figure out the issue. I am not going to say what the issue was because the more info about bugs the more options for possible exploitation. But, it was a heck of a bug!
New Skill Code: Work continues, I feel I am making significant progress with it. Some of the more tedious bits are done with it, now i am working out the damage/buff/debuff logic based on the new tables. Will let everyone know as soon as its in game and actually fires a spell off.
Will follow up when something changes.
Project expectations and pseudo deadlines.
This was originally going to be a reply to a post from a user, but I decided it was too long and should be its own post.
I agree a good job isn’t do. We have fallen well behind our internal schedules. We made it a point to never give false expectations. However, there was an insinuated time frame that we are well beyond. While that does suck, the size and scope of the work we took on, really pushed our time frame. We decided early on we would rather it take longer up front and have less issue and not get burn out once we go live. We should not have “teased” about the project until we had a lot more done. But, much like you guys enjoy hearing about what we have in store…hearing you guys have interest help keep us motivated and engaged. So it was as much a teasing tool as a motivation tool. I still feel good about the progress we have made. Life, just gets busy sometimes. Imagine if we would have gone into beta or even early launch and Harvey hit so I was out and down. Etc etc….our goal is to have a borderline autonomous server. To get what we wanted, we had to have great tools for admin purposes and lots of automation setup on the front end. SO much of that work has been done. But most, if not all, of that is something you guys will never really see outside of blog posts. So the 2 years feels like an unbelievable stretch, but it honestly isn’t horrible for what we have accomplished. Myth and I have been discussing an alpha date and what I think is a reasonable goal. At this point, us going into alpha is being completely held up by me. The skill overhaul is a huge bit of code to redo. I am completely reworking how skills work. Both player and monster, proc weapons, world effects, etc. The code for spells and skills is sooooooo massive and branch after branch of “if elseif else then”. The changes I am making will implement a completely database driven system. Allowing for rapid deployment of skill tweaks and balancing. Previously, balancing a skill like Counter Barrier took code changes and lots of restarts and compiles. The new skill code will allow for tweaks to the database and reloads of the skills without even needing a reboot. We can run alpha and make changes on the fly and see their output in real time. While some will see how valuable this is, not everyone can appreciate the time and effort this takes…and that is ok. Its a video game. It isn’t that serious. But we have stated from the get-go, our goal was to be as transparent as possible. I am doing my very best to continue that trend. I hope to have some news for you guys soon, until then I look forward to reading your comments!
Moved in – Mostly
I am in the new house, about 50% unpacked. PC setup, bed, kitchen etc. I had some things I had to tend to for the insurance policy (limbs, fix fence, etc) that took some time. I should be back working on lineage stuff in the next few weeks once things normalize. Still really hectic surprisingly. So ready for some down time. Will update you all soon.
The lease back for the previous owner got pushed back to the end of the month. We move in March 1st. So once I am all moved in and setup I will begin work on things again.
I have been working on the admin tools for Myth when I find time so he can keep adding/modifying/fine tuning etc.
Will post as soon as I am back up and running.